Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 The Wedding Present in DC
Author: Heff 
Date:   04-18-17 12:54

My only exposure to the Wedding Present had been through the "George Best" and "Watusi" albums. Based on that, I had always thought of the 'Weddoes' to be more 'pop' than 'rock'. Well, Friday's show blew that assumption to smithereens. Aside from the delicate opener (with drummer Charles Layton on glockenspiel), the rest of the show was loud buzzing guitars. In other words it was pretty awesome. Frontman and only original member, David Gedge was charismatic and witty and definitely giving it his all. Since this was the first night of the US tour, one can only hope he can keep it up for the rest of tour. Layton with his constant mugging while playing was also enjoyable to watch. It was like watching Keith Moon (the facial expressions not the playing). Check them out if they get to your town.

Setlist:
Unthinking
Give My Love to Kevin
Come Play With Me
Mothers (The Jean-Paul Sartre Experience cover)
Broken Bow
Two Bridges
Go Out and Get 'Em Boy
Interstate 5
Rachel
Fifty-Six
Dalliance
Dare
End Credits
Bear
Flying Saucer
A Million Miles
Kennedy
Santa Monica/No Christmas

The opener was The Colleen Green Band - four women and one man (bass player, natch) channeling the Ramones. Why they thought they needed three rhythm guitarists, I don't know.

Reply To This Message

Re: The Wedding Present in DC
Author: Delvin 
Date:   04-18-17 14:16

Fantastic! They're coming to Seattle next week, but I won't be able to attend. Will have to hope for another time.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org