Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Great Moments in Self-Congratulation
Author: breno 
Date:   04-18-17 17:03

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-rolling-stones-album-reviews-section-w475216?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=041817_16

Reply To This Message

Re: Great Moments in Self-Congratulation
Author: hoip chiggs 
Date:   04-18-17 17:58

A cultural fixture of what, I ask you.

Reply To This Message

Author: BCE 
Date:   04-18-17 21:52

Curiously, I don't see any mention of *cough,cough* Led Zeppelin in there.

Reply To This Message

Author: Post-Punk Monk 
Date:   04-19-17 08:28

Yeah, Rolling Stone is 50 this year… and the mag is less than a pamphlet!! My wife works in a college library and she brought home the recent issue with the Trumpnado cover and I was astonished to see how the thing has bled ad pages even in the last 18 months! I think it was 48 pages overall! And dudes, those were clay-coated pages! In other words, Rolling Stone is now, physically, Parade Magazine with a glossy cover! The last time I saw an issue it had at least a third more pages. It can't be long for this world as a print magazine. That said, Matt Taibbi's political coverage is excellent.

But yeah, the comparison to Parade Magazine is apt. Both aimed for a readership of retirees.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Post Edited (04-19-17 11:18)

Reply To This Message

Author: upper90 
Date:   04-19-17 11:14

I was a subscriber for years, mostly for the reviews. But they started cutting way back on those so I cut the subscription. For the money, Mojo is way better. You might not get the hip stuff in Mojo but it is a music lovers magazine for sure. I can spend hours reading each issue, vs. 15 minutes with RS.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org