Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 English Beat
Author: STEVE 
Date:   07-02-17 20:21

who knew (wiki, that's who) the band sans Rankin (then the band is known as THE BEAT) performed two tracks on the 2013 Sooby Doo release of 'dance of the undead' dvd.

look for it in your local pawn shop.

Post Edited (07-02-17 20:37)

Reply To This Message

Re: English Beat
Author: Aitch 
Date:   07-03-17 20:34

I saw that episode recently. The Ska Tastics were making people dance against their will. I was impressed that Daphne knew what skanking was.

Reply To This Message

Author: MrFab 
Date:   07-03-17 22:12

Thanks to having a child I'm familiar with this version of Scooby Doo and it is quite impressivly nutzoid. There have also been episodes featuring an Andy Warhol-type character and his VU+Nico type band (Scooby sings with 'em!), an episode based on "War of the Gargantuas" complete with the tiki bar performer singing "The Words Get Stuck in My Throat", and Harlan Ellison voicing a character based on himself in an episode based on Lovecraft. There are also incidental characters who, for no particular reason, resemble famous old-scḥol celebs like Don Knotts. With tv like this, who needs LSD?

Reply To This Message

Author: Delvin 
Date:   07-05-17 10:22

> Thanks to having a child I'm familiar with this version of Scooby Doo and it is quite
> impressivly nutzoid.

That said ... If you see this DVD in the racks, don't waste your time.

I succumbed to the tawdry allure of this one evening, and believe me, it's even worse than you might expect. Why Kiss agreed to yet another movie -- even an animated one -- setting them as superheroes having an adventure in a theme park remains a mystery to me. Shaggy and Scooby couldn't even save this one.

Reply To This Message

Author: MrFab 
Date:   07-05-17 16:25

yikes! Tho I have to admit, that pic of Shaggy and Scooby is pretty funny.

Li'l Fab was just watching a show yesterday by the French studio that also made the series "Space Goofs" (theme song by Iggy Pop - yes, the Godfather of Punk hissown bad self has made a children's record) and "Oggy & The Cockroaches". The roaches names? Joey, Marky and Dee Dee.

Reply To This Message

Author: nosepail 
Date:   07-06-17 17:19

Quote:

I was impressed that Daphne knew what skanking was.

Fill in own joke here: __________________________________

Good podcast I just happened to listen to last week: http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/scooby-dooby-doo-where-are-you.htm

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-06-17 21:02

NOSEPAIL!

great to see you mate.

ordinarily, i wouldn't divulge such proclivities but what the fuck, i'm stoked to see nosey up air in boston again, i don't care that Velma cha cha's to the WAILERS, i like her glasses.

Post Edited (07-06-17 21:44)

Reply To This Message

Author: Aitch 
Date:   07-06-17 22:06

Oggy & The Cockroaches rule. I like his cousin Jack, the straight man.

Post Edited (07-06-17 22:08)

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-07-17 01:30

you're a bloody ripper mate. g'day and goodnight. cheers

Post Edited (07-07-17 01:39)

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org