Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: R.I.P. Tony Cohen
Author: breno 
Date:   08-03-17 09:16

One of the things I've always loved about Australian music is that it just doesn't quite sound like US & UK music, and Cohen was one of the architects of that sound.

Nick Cave's tribute on Facebook:

"A Tribute to Tony Cohen

Tony was pure chaos in the studio and like many geniuses a nightmare to work with. But you came back again and again because he was just so good, everything he did was so unique and bold and startling. He was a master at both what not to do in the studio and what to do in the studio. For example - donít set fire to the studio, donít sleep in the air-conditioning vents, donít not show up to the sessions for days at a time, but conversely do record music like your very life depended on it, do create sounds that no-one has ever heard before, do mix records with a courage that put every other producer in Australia to shame. He was also the funniest guy I have ever met and rising up through the narcissism and rampant insanity he had a heart just as big as a house. Australia has lost a national treasure.

NICK CAVE"

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 R.I.P. Tony Cohen  new
Aitch 08-02-17 19:40 
 Re: R.I.P. Tony Cohen  new
breno 08-03-17 09:16 
zwirnm 08-03-17 09:35 
Michael Toland 08-03-17 09:38 
Aitch 08-04-17 02:22 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org