Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Dream Syndicate on tour
Author: breno 
Date:   08-02-17 20:50

Holy crap. They're coming to St. Louis, to a good venue.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2017/08/02/dream-syndicate-tour-dates-2017/

Reply To This Message

Re: Dream Syndicate on tour
Author: Michael Toland 
Date:   08-03-17 09:44

They're not coming to Austin, though, which is a big bummer. When I interviewed Steve Wynn a few years ago, he told me that Austin was a staple of DS's tours back in the 80s. Guess the economic realities of having to take a couple of days off to drive across Texas have set in.

Addendum: and just to add insult to injury, I see their opening act is Canada's Elephant Stone, the best Paisley Underground revival band going. Dammit.

Post Edited (08-03-17 09:45)

Reply To This Message

Author: Delvin 
Date:   08-03-17 11:32

I saw that Robyn H is coming to STL too ... Blueberry Hill, if I'm not mistaken.

Reply To This Message

Author: mats84 
Date:   08-03-17 12:21

They made quite an impression on me seeing them live in '83 and certainly topped the headliner that night...........the problem is that U2 was the headliner that night and everyone thinks I'm kidding.

Reply To This Message

Author: breno 
Date:   08-03-17 13:23

Quote:

I saw that Robyn H is coming to STL too ... Blueberry Hill, if I'm not mistaken.

Yep. He was just here a couple of months ago opening for the P Furs, but it was at the worst venue I've ever gone to a show at, so I skipped it.

Does anyone know if his fall tour is going to be with a band, or solo acoustic? Given how his most recent album is one of his harder rocking ones, I'm hoping for a band, but either will be fine.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org