Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Awww Neal, can this really be the end?
Author: Delvin 
Date:   08-07-17 11:38

Jeez, is this all it takes? We could've been rid of this band decades ago. All it would've taken is an invitation to the White House. Maybe if Patti Reagan would've invited them; she was pretty hot stuff back in the day.

Reply To This Message

Re: Awww Neal, can this really be the end?
Author: Post-Punk Monk 
Date:   08-07-17 13:59

Hah! Interesting reading. Schon isn't quite the meatball I took him for. He's the only one in the band with intelligence, obviously. What I did not know previously, was that Journey were inducted into the RRHOF. Sigh. Looks like this was down to Cain killing the band, if it happens. His wife seems a real fright. Well, if it comes down to a breakup, long may they rot!

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-07-17 14:20

> What I did not know previously, was that Journey were inducted into the RRHOF.

Yeah, they were inducted into the RRHoF this year. It wasn't as disgusting for me to watch as I'd feared it would be. Perhaps I resigned myself to it more than I thought ... thinking, like, "It was only a matter of time."

Aynsley Dunbar and Gregg Rolie came to the ceremony, and sat in on a song with the band before vacating their spots for Steve Smith and Jonathan Cain. Steve Perry, however, didn't take the mic to sing; he left that to their current frontman, Arnel Pineda. So I guess the diehard Journey fans can stop believing now. If his own RRHoF induction isn't enough to persuade Perry to sing with his old bandmates, even on just two songs, then nothing ever will.

> Looks like this was down to Cain killing the band, if it happens. His wife seems a real
> fright.

Yeah, the article says that she currently serves as Donald Trump's spiritual adviser. I think I speak for most of America when I say, "Donald Trump has a spiritual adviser?"

Reply To This Message

Author: breno 
Date:   08-08-17 14:31

Quote:

"Donald Trump has a spiritual adviser?"

Well, apparently he saw her on tv, and given that she's blonde and might be considered passably attractive (and, depending on the photo, stacked), he said "that's a preacher I'd meet with!"

The fact that he apparently has actually met with her on occasion is enough of an excuse for the creeps who've hijacked Christianity in America to holler "Hallee-loo-yer, he's a-bawrun agginn!!!!"

She gets credit for his "conversion," anyhow. Which is about like me getting credit for discovering the formula for cold fusion. Ain't happened, but heck, I'll take the credit if someone wants to give it to me.

Post Edited (08-08-17 14:32)

Reply To This Message

Author: Michael Toland 
Date:   08-08-17 14:43

More info on her can be found here. I include this only because folks oughta know who is having (alleged) influence on our current charlatan-in-chief.

Reply To This Message

Author: HollowbodyKay 
Date:   08-08-17 15:05

Journey?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Reply To This Message

Author: zoo 
Date:   08-10-17 12:22

It wasn't until I clicked the link that I realized this person is Paula White, who is very well known in the Tampa area where I live. I don't want to get into a religious debate, but just let me say that the prosperity gospel White espouses is frowned up on my most mainline protestant denominations (i.e., Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, etc). But it also attracts many people...and I find the connection with Trump quite interesting. Her theology would be at odds with someone like Billy Graham who was a spiritual adviser to multiple past presidents.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-10-17 14:03

White simply reeks of plastic surgery… gaaaakkk!

Reply To This Message

Author: breno 
Date:   08-10-17 14:19

Quote:

White simply reeks of plastic surgery… gaaaakkk!

Yeah, the knob on the back of her head has been turned a few too many times in the "tighten" direction.

Quote:

the prosperity gospel White espouses is frowned up on my most mainline protestant denominations (i.e., Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, etc).

It's only frowned on up until the point it intersects with Right Wing politics. The Southern Baptists will poo-poo a great many beliefs, right up until those beliefs endorse a Republican candidate. That's enough to make any heretic a beloved brother in Christ.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-10-17 16:59

Soooooooooooo true! Many people buy into and identify with something outside them selves. Sports teams. Political parties. Religions. Big Brother.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-24-17 10:41

Lovely words on Paula White-Cain:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/08/21/donald-trumps-spiritual-advisor-if-you-oppose-the-president-you-oppose-god/

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-24-17 11:23

> ... Which is about like me getting credit for discovering the formula for cold fusion.
> Ain't happened, but heck, I'll take the credit if someone wants to give it to me.

Tread carefully, Brother Brad. That's basically the same sort of attitude that made our previous President look rather silly, just two weeks into his term of office -- accepting the Nobel Peace Prize.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org