Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 R.I.P. Walter Becker
Author: breno 
Date:   09-03-17 10:41

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/walter-becker-steely-dan-co-founder-dead-at-67-w500956

Reply To This Message

Re: R.I.P. Walter Becker
Author: hoip chiggs 
Date:   09-03-17 14:20

Oh, man. Any World That He's Welcome To, He's Welcome To. RIP

Reply To This Message

Author: Michael Toland 
Date:   09-03-17 15:47

That's a surprise and a shame. I kind of burned myself out on the Dan over the years, but they created a strain of pop music that's often imitated, but never matched.

Reply To This Message

Author: Post-Punk Monk 
Date:   09-05-17 06:57

I'll bet China Crisis are sad. He produced two of their albums, though not my favorites.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Reply To This Message

Author: Heff 
Date:   09-05-17 14:24

I talked with a guy that saw Steely Dan last year and he said that Becker didn't look to good at that show. From what I've read, Becker had missed a lot of shows this year so unfortunately, I don't think this was much of a surprise to people close to him.

Before this happened, Steely Dan had announced a new tour for the late fall and I got tickets (Fagen has stated that the tour is still on). Is it a bit ghoulish for me to hope that maybe now, they'll play more solo Fagen stuff?

Reply To This Message

Author: hoip chiggs 
Date:   09-07-17 14:15

Yes. You heartless ghoul.

Reply To This Message

Author: Delvin 
Date:   09-07-17 15:18

Fagen has promised to keep Steely Dan's music alive as long as he can. He has a solo tour in the works, so I suspect his setlists will include both solo and Dan material.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org