Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: Adam Ants' Swingin' Singles Tour
Author: MrFab 
Date:   10-06-17 16:11

Saw him last Sat and had a great time. Missed most of openers L7's set, but that choice of supporter should give you an idea of what to expect - full-on rock n roll, enuff with the whole "New Romantic" nonsense already. His pre-show piped-in music was another clue: '70s glam/punk (Dolls, iggy, Bowie), '70s punk/punk (X Ray Spex, "Tell That Girl To Shut Up"), and some '60s nuggets. Cleary, we were here to party like it's 1979. Then: a loud noisy show heavy on early singles. Sporting two (and when Ant participated, THREE) roaring buzzsaw guitars, and two drummers, the neo-Ants played with furious energy.

The show started with "Beat My Guest," "Vive Le Rock," (don't remember third song), "Dog Eat Dog," and so forth and so on. Took a couple very short (2 minute?) breaks, came back with the one-two punch of "Lady" and "Fall-In" that had me pogo-ing. Mrs Fab & I loved the female drummer, sporting a huge televangelist wig, shades (or a mask) and one of those striped Warhol boating shirts. Who was that cool chick?!

Show wasn't sold out, but the 98% white middle-aged crowd (including plenty of made-up pirate-clad Antpeople) ate it up. Didn't have much to say between songs, just a few cordial words. Go see him!

Post Edited (10-06-17 16:14)

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Adam Ants' Swingin' Singles Tour  new
MrFab 08-21-17 16:30 
 Re: Adam Ants' Swingin' Singles Tour  new
Heff 08-21-17 17:28 
Post-Punk Monk 08-22-17 08:33 
Delvin 08-22-17 10:01 
MrFab 10-06-17 16:11 
Post-Punk Monk 10-06-17 17:14 
Heff 10-09-17 13:37 
hoip chiggs 10-09-17 21:08 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org